Other Issues Impacting Foreign Employees Living in the U.S.
Employers of foreign nationals living in the United States are often called upon to assist with many "work-life" issues that are different than those confronting U.S. workers. Frequently asked questions include:
- Can my spouse work or volunteer in the United States?
- Can my children attend school?
- Do I have to pay taxes to the U.S. and my home government?
- Can my elderly parents stay with me?
- Can I bring my children's nanny to the U.S.?
- Do I need a driver's license?
This section provides links to government and other resources to help you navigate these issues.